4th of July Fruit Wands and Celebration Popcorn
I LOVE 4TH of July! I feel like summer has truly started when we get to celebrate with BBQ's and fireworks! I also love all the fun food that goes with it, that doesn't take all day to make! Here are recipes for two of my favorites that scream 4th of July!! My Stars and Stripes Fruit wands and my Celebration Popcorn.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED!
1 Bag of Mini White Marshmallows
1 Large container of Blueberries
1 Large Watermelon
1 package of wooden skewers
1 Medium Star Shaped Cookie Cutter
Take your wood skewers and start alternating piercing the blueberries and marshmallows onto the skewer all the way up leaving about an inch and a 1/2 of space for you to finish the wand with your watermelon star.
Then slice your watermelon into triangles and use your star cookie cutter, and press down firmly to get your watermelon star. Then gently press into the top of the Blueberry and Marshmallow sticks and Enjoy!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1 bag of white popcorn kernels or 2 bags of microwave popcorn
1 package of white chocolate Candy Melts
1 container of Red, White and Blue Sprinkles
1 package of Treat Cups
- Pop your popcorn and set aside.
- Then take the package of Candy Melts and following the microwave melting instructions. (I like to melt mine in a glass bowl, I find it easier to pour out after it's melted.)
- Take the Popcorn and put it in a container that has a lid so that you will be able to shake it with the white chocolate.
- Once the white chocolate is melted I drizzle it into the popcorn that is in the container. Please do it sparingly it goes a LONG way! I pour about 1/2 in and then put the lid back on and shake up the popcorn and the white chocolate so it gets an even coating.
- Then I hand form treat balls to put into the mini treat cups
- finish with sprinkles
- I like to serve it room temperature. you can also refrigerate and serve later.