I have become obsessed with coffee table books...Not only because they look fantastic and add personality to any space. They also really let you know the kind of home you're in.
At my house they are almost all about beach life, dogs and design. At my girlfriend Summer Sanders house, they're all inspirational and motivational (I'm missing Olympian DNA clearly).
From fashion to surfing, whatever speaks to you and gives your home that pop of personality it might be missing with some of my favorite coffee table books below (BONUS...ALL these ship free on amazon prime...so woohoo!)
New Year. New You!
Ok, maybe that's not totally realistic, but a more organized you is always a good idea! This is the time of year where you should clear all the things out of your space that aren't serving you...Old clothes, old shoes, old relationships... Just kidding, I'm not sure Goodwill will take the last one.
Here's my go to steps for clutter clearing:
- ONE ROOM AT A TIME-
- Don't tackle your whole house at one time, first of all you'll get overwhelmed freak out and go to Target and buy a bunch of things you don't have the room for yet.
- You'll also feel so much more accomplished when you can cross one room off your list as done!
- ENLIST A CLUTTER BUDDY-
- Call that one friend that will tell you the truth about everything, and has your back and won't let you sidetrack off into an abyss that is your snow globe collection and let you justify keeping all of your old cheerleading uniforms from high school...(where did I think I was going to wear those again?)
- You need this friend to help you do the most important part of decluttering...KEEP IT MOVING. When you are alone you tend to get sidetracked and never finish the task at hand.
- Most great Clutter Buddies do accept wine or dinner as payment so this usually works in your favor.
- KEEP / SELL / DONATE-
- These are the 3 things you ask yourself as you look at every item you are going through.
- These are the 3 bins/ boxes/ piles you will create to put in every item that you go through.
- As soon as you've gone through all of your items then you will move the them to exactly these places ASAP
- KNOW WHERE TO SELL YOUR STUFF-
GET ORGANIZED NOW!
I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!
Sorry I screamed that! I just get so excited for this time of year! Every year in we have a chili cook-off with our neighbors and we bring all our patio furniture out to our driveway and pass out candy from there all night! SO, we set a super fun table (remember we've got a full house of furniture now in my driveway, it's so southern of me!) This year I thought I'd kick our table scape up a notch with a fun ice bucket for our wine!
WHAT YOU NEED
The Vinyl word stickers come with 4 different phrases inside such as SQUAD GHOULS, YOU'RE WICKED AWESOME AND I'M HERE FOR THE BOO'S
Chooses which decal works for you and which crafting pumpkin is your color and simply peel and stick the decal right onto the pumpkin! So EASY and super CUUTE!
IT'S FALL Y'ALL!!!!
I LOVE this time of year! Leaves turning colors, Pumpkin everything, and fireplaces burning... Wow, that sounded super basic...and I just don't care! I embrace all things that make fall magical! I also love changing out my house with little changes that warm it up without breaking the bank!
I love a good statement piece, and nothing has a bigger impact to me than a show stopping chandelier! Every season I go thorough this, where I want to change out all the lighting in our house... Clearly I don't, but I'd love too!! Here are 5 that are all making me smile right now!
Here are 5 chandeliers I'm loving right now!
This vivid turquoise wood beaded chandelier from Target is checking in at only $405 compared to most Turquoise stone beaded chandeliers that is a steal!
At only $197.99 the Zuo Sapphire Chandelier makes you stop and stare for more than one reason
I'm obsessed with this Cyrus 6 Light Sputnik Chandelier and at $199 I feel like I need it in my life
My Southern is showing with my joy over this delicate feminine Grace 5 Light Chandelier I feel like it needs a good screened in porch to live it's best life on... and for only $163.99 it will find a home fast!
This is the perfect compact chandelier if you want a huge visual impact in a small space this beauty is from West Elm and is only $199