New Year. New You!
Ok, maybe that's not totally realistic, but a more organized you is always a good idea! This is the time of year where you should clear all the things out of your space that aren't serving you...Old clothes, old shoes, old relationships... Just kidding, I'm not sure Goodwill will take the last one.
Here's my go to steps for clutter clearing:
- ONE ROOM AT A TIME-
- Don't tackle your whole house at one time, first of all you'll get overwhelmed freak out and go to Target and buy a bunch of things you don't have the room for yet.
- You'll also feel so much more accomplished when you can cross one room off your list as done!
- ENLIST A CLUTTER BUDDY-
- Call that one friend that will tell you the truth about everything, and has your back and won't let you sidetrack off into an abyss that is your snow globe collection and let you justify keeping all of your old cheerleading uniforms from high school...(where did I think I was going to wear those again?)
- You need this friend to help you do the most important part of decluttering...KEEP IT MOVING. When you are alone you tend to get sidetracked and never finish the task at hand.
- Most great Clutter Buddies do accept wine or dinner as payment so this usually works in your favor.
- KEEP / SELL / DONATE-
- These are the 3 things you ask yourself as you look at every item you are going through.
- These are the 3 bins/ boxes/ piles you will create to put in every item that you go through.
- As soon as you've gone through all of your items then you will move the them to exactly these places ASAP
- KNOW WHERE TO SELL YOUR STUFF-
GET ORGANIZED NOW!